Monday 11 June 2012

Thing 4 - RSS Feeds, Twitter, Storify

Firstly, I love Twitter!  I tried it years ago, and it seemed pointless, then as it became more popular I tried it again a couple of year ago and really got into it.  I have two accounts, a private one and a work account (@SiobhanWGLib), which I have on my smartphone.  I do like the spontaneity of it, although some people have had issues with this!  It's good for conferences, and generally getting the zeitgeist of whatever subject you may like.  There is also plenty of nonsense, as well as Justin Beiber, for some reason.  So, swiftly moving onto RSS feeds - I have set some of these up, and they are a great idea for keeping track of loads of different websites, without having to visit each one separately.
Storify is something that I hadn't tried before, and it reminds me of paper.li, which creates a newspaper out of your twitter feed.  This is even better, though, as you can add all sorts of social media and other websites to create your story.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work on my work computer, but I will try it at home, because it's the sort of thing that I may find very useful in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment