Monday 23 July 2012

CPD23 Thing 13: Google Drive, Wikis and Dropbox

I will have to have a look at some of these at home as I can't access Google Drive at work, and I can't download Dropbox.  They both look brilliant in concept though, and I particularly like the look of Dropbox, for sharing photos with family members.  It's difficult to email a lot of photos, and you don't necessarily want to put them on Facebook, as they don't every really delete their photos, from what I've read. I definitely will try Dropbox at home for this reason alone!  It will also be a great way for my brother to send his documents to me, and I'll tell him about it so he can try it for his work as well.  Not sure how secure it is, but for regular family stuff this shouldn't matter.
Wikis - I've used these before, Wikipedia of course, as an occasional editor, and I've looked at a few others.  They're as good as their content, and editors, so particularly useful for larger groups, rather than just a few people.

No comments:

Post a Comment