Monday 12 December 2011

Thing 6 - Online networks (Part 1) LinkedIn and Facebook

LinkedIn - I actually set up a LinkedIn account a month or so ago, as a fellow Aberystwyth student sent me an invite. I haven't 100% completed the set-up yet, as I've been exploring it, and waiting until I got to this Thing to go into more detail.  LinkedIn is actually quite forward in making suggestions on how you can improve your profile, but I still haven't found a photo that I like - I'll have a look on my computer at home, and see if I can find one.  The only other thing to do, really is add more contacts!  I sent a few requests, and got one answer back already, so hopefully this will improve!

Facebook - I do have a facebook profile, but that's really for family and friends, so I don't want to get it mixed up with work.  I don't use it that much, but it's still handy for keeping in touch with certain people I don't see very often.  I could see setting up a facebook page more if you're a public-facing company, but I'm not sure how much use it would be for this library.

I've spent long enough in LinkedIn tonight, so I'll get onto to the rest of this Thing in my next blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment